Advantages of Custom Recovery
- Easy Full-System backups
- Flash image file on the device.
- Adds the ability to remove bloatware from the stock ROM.
- Supports underclock and overclock of the processor.
- Quickly flash custom ROM, MOD, Framework.
- Support to quickly flash Xposed and Magisk Framework.
- Easy installation of SUperSu and Magisk for rooting
- Ability to wipe cache and data.
Install TWRP on Redmi Note 7 Pro
It is recommended that you carefully follow all the steps mentioned below.
- Make sure your battery is charged above 50%.
- Backup your Data on any external media or perform a Nandroid backup.
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers on the PC/Laptop.
- Download latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on the PC
- Download and save twrp-3.2.3-violet.img it to the Extracted folder of ADB – Fastboot drivers.
- Unlocked Bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro.
- If Redmi Note 7’s Bootloader is unlocked, then you’re good to go with the next steps.
- Enable the Debugging Mode, and OEM unlock on your device. Both the options can be found in the Developer Options.
- Now, connect your device with PC via USB cable.
ADB and Fastboot drivers in a folder on the PC. Then, Open the
cmd or PowerShell by pressing Shift key + Right-Clicking in
the same folder.
- Once all the setup is complete, type the following command to reboot the Redmi Note 7 Pro into the fastboot mode (Note: Accept a pop-up asking for the USB debugging permission on your smartphone).
- After booting into the fastboot mode, type the below-mentioned command to flash the TWRP image you download. (Note: Place the twrp-3.2.3-violet.img file in the ADB and Fastboot extracted the folder.)
- After the successful flashing, reboot the device using the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.3-violet.img
Root Redmi Note 7 Pro using Magisk
- After rebooting, connect your device with the PC to get root access.
- Type the ADB command to boot into the TWRP recovery successfully:
adb reboot recovery
- The device will automatically boot into TWRP, now take a NANDroid backup if you need data.
- Now, Select “Install” from the TWRP and browse for the Magisk.zip file. Tap on it to select it.
- Now, “Swipe to confirm flash” action.
- Upon successful installation, select “Install” once again and locate “no-verity-force-encrypt.zip” file. Tap it to select it.
- Again “Swipe to confirm flash” action.
- Reboot System from TWRP Recovery.
- Upon rebooting, a Magisk Manager application will be present from where you can control the access of each app.
- You can also install the Root Checker app to verify root access.