If you would like to try Lineage OS 15.1 for Oppo R5 device, then you need to unlock Bootloader and should have the latest TWRP Recovery on your device. You should have latest TWRP Recovery running to flash the Oreo-based Custom ROM. We have already shared both unlocking and TWRP installation guide for Oppo R5 (r5). So before we dive into the installation process, let's know about the Lineage OS 15.1 and its feature.
Features of Lineage OS 15.1:
- Extra Ambient display features
- Picture adjustment
- RGB color calibration settings
- Display color temperature customization
- LED Notification light settings (Customize)
- Customize Touchscreen gestures
- Performance profiles to save battery and improve the speed
- Lockscreen Customization option
- FlipFlap - smart cover support
- Privacy Guard—control app permissions
- Customize the size of the lock screen pattern
- Quick Settings Customization
- Status Bar Customization such as Double tap to sleep, Clock Settings, Show network traffic and Status bar tuner
- SystemUI Customization
- Buttons/Navigation Bar
- Calls and Audio/Ringtone customization.
- and other miscellaneous feature.
How to Install Official Lineage OS 15.1 for Oppo R5:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Oppo R5 (r5)
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Oppo R5.
- Download the Lineage OS 15.1 for Oppo R5 and move the flashable zip file which you downloaded from above.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery
- 1st Method: In this method, first of all you need to turn off (Power off) your phone. Then once you sure it is power off, now hold simultaneously the ‘Power’ button and the ‘Volume down’ button for a few seconds (if this does not work out, try with "Power and Volume Up" - Some phones may work with this combination).
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)