In order to root the device, first, you have to unlock the bootloader of your device then install a custom recovery like TWRP via ADB and fastboot.Once TWRP is installed on your device, you can easily flash the latest version of SuperSu to get root access.Don’t worry we will be sharing a detailed guide to safely Root Xiaomi Redmi 5A and Install TWRP Recovery
Now, there are many advantages of a phone like the Xiaomi Redmi 5A which has an openable bootloader which means that the smartphone can be rooted easily and the TWRP recovery or any custom recovery can be installed on your phone. Now, we have attached a method below so that you can install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 5A and root it by installing SuperSu root pack
Also, if you install TWRP recovery on your smartphone then you can also root your smartphone and then you can install any other ROM as well. Now, you should follow this guide properly for a successful installation of recovery on your phone.
You need a computer in order to flash the TWRP recovery on your device. Once the installation process is complete, you can download and flash the SuperSU zip file or latest Magisk on your to grant the root permissions to your device. Follow the guide carefully and make sure to a complete backup before you proceed.
In order to root Xiaomi Redmi 5A and install TWRP on Xiaomi Redmi 5A you have to follow the steps written below carefully, But before proceeding to follow this guide read the points given below carefully
If you are new to TWRP recovery and rooting then here we first share some facts about Android rooting.
Warning: Lineagedroid.com will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Enable USB Debugging.
- We recommend taking complete backup and proceeding.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
How to Root Xiaomi Redmi 5A and Install TWRP Recovery (riva)
- Check out the Pre-Requirement Section above (Important)
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.Check out the link given above to unlock the bootloader if you haven’t done it yet
- Now download the TWRP Recovery (Root Tool Kit) For Redmi 5A (Download section above)
- Now follow the given guide to Install TWRP Recovery On Redmi 5A
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC
- Open the folder where your TWRP Recovery .img file is saved.
- Now open a command window inside that folder. To do that, “Shift + Right click” on any empty white space inside the folder and then select “Open command window here” from the context menu.
- Connect your device to the PC. And type the following into the command window we opened in step 4 above to boot your device into bootloader/fastboot mode:
- adb reboot bootloader
- If your asks for permission to “Allow USB debugging”, tap OK.
- Once your device boots into bootloader mode, issue the following command into command window to flash the TWRP recovery .img file:
- command above.
- Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, issue the following command to reboot: