LineageOS is custom ROM which based on Android version operating system. LineageOS 15 Android Oreo for Galaxy S6 G920S is still in the Beta stage and it may have few bugs. SO, proceed at your own risk and we will not be responsible if anything happens to your device.
If you have Samsung Galaxy S6 G920S smartphone want to update to Android 8.0 Oreo without waiting for the official update, then you are at right place. Just follow the article to download and install Android Oreo on Galaxy S6 G920S which is based on LineageOS 15 Custom ROM.
- Telephony (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
- GPS works only on device mode
- Some video codecs are not played properly
- This ROM is work on Samsung Galaxy S6 Canada only. Don’t try this on any other device.
- The ROM is an initial nougat alpha build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download Lineage OS 15 ROM for Samsung Galaxy S6 G920s (SK Telecom)
- Download Lineage OS 15 for Samsung Galaxy S6 G920s (SK Telecom)– Download
- Lineage OS 15 Gapps For Samsung Galaxy S6 G920s (SK Telecom)
How to Install Android Oreo 8.0 (LineageOS 15) on Samsung Galaxy G920s (SK Telecom)
- First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
- Download the LineageOS 15 ROM for Samsung Galaxy S6 G920s (SK Telecom) and Gapps from above and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
- Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.