In case if your phone has currently out dated and you want to upgrade to latest Android Oreo, then here are the list of an official and unofficial version of Android 8.0 Oreo developed by LineageOS team. In this post, we will guide to install Lineage OS 15 For Asus Zenfone Max (Mako). This update is under development. Currently, we haven't tested this ROM yet.
Recently released Android is known as Android 8.0 Oreo. This is a successor of Android Nougat and comes with many new features such as Picture in Picture mode, New Android O Emoji style, New Notification UI, Settings Overhaul changes, etc. So today we will guide to install the LineageOS 15 for Google Asus Zenfone Max (Mako). LineageOS 15 is based on Android 8.0 Oreo. Find the list of all LineageOS 15 Supported device.
Download And Install Lineage OS 15 For Asus Zenfone Max [Mako]
- This will work on Asus Zenfone Max (Don’t Try this in Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone using TWRP before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
How to Install Lineage 15 [ Android 8.0 Oreo] on Asus Zenfone Max (Z010D):
- Download the Lineage OS ROM and Gapps for linage OS you wish to flash;
- Transfer these to your device’s storage by suing the handset’s USB cord;
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery;
- Select “Wipe” from TWRP main menu and do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of screen;
- This will factory reset your device. If your custom ROM doesn’t require a factory reset, then simply skip this step;
- Go back to the TWRP main menu;
- Here you must tap on “Install” and select the Lineage os ROM .zip file and gapps for lineage os that you transferred to your device in Step 2;
- After selecting the .zip file, do a “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of screen to begin the custom ROM installation process;
- Next, just select the “Reboot System” button;
- Let me remind you the fact that it will probably take several minutes for the boot to succeed. After your boot is successful, you will be greeted with a Lineage OS startup.