Official Lineage OS builds are already rolling out to many supported devices and now the first unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Huawei P9 Lite is available for download. You need to be rooted, and TWRP installed on your device to use this ROM.
XDA member OldDroid who provide Lineage OS 14.1 or CM 14.1 for Huawei P9 Lite. The ROM is an initial nightly nougat build for Huawei P9 Lite and missing some important Lineage OS features, but that’s added with time. But the good news is you can experience Android 7.0 Nougat ROM on Huawei P9 Lite. The LineageOS 14.1 for Huawei P9 Lite brings Nougat features and some LOS features like such LiveDisplay, Privacy Guard, Protected App, Profiles and so on. Download and Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Huawei P9 Lite from below.
- This ROM is work on Huawei P9 Lite only. Don’t try this on any other device.
- The ROM is an initial nougat alpha build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Huawei P9 Lite
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 for Huawei P9 Lite– Download
- Vendor.zip for Huawei P9 Lite – Download
- Lineage OS 14.1 Gapps For Huawei P9 Lite
How to Install Android Nought(LineageOS 14.1) on Huawei P9 Lite
- First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
- Download the LineageOS 14.1 ROM for Huawei P9 Lite and Gapps from above and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
- Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- If you are flashing LineageOS first time over EMUI 5 then follow the below step to flash vendor.img otherwise skip it and move it to step 9.
- Extracted the vendor.zip and put it on your external sdcard.
- Now either use TWRP terminal or adb shell to flash the vendor.img : dd if=/external_sd/vendor.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/vendor If you flash it from internal storage, use “sdcard instead of “external_sd”
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.