In this guide we are provide TWRP recovery for the Samsung Galaxy S5 variants which is the current flagship of the Samsung. A developer definitely require a custom recovery to test the mods and other patches, and as for a normal user, the custom recovery is a safe-side tool to take backups in case anything goes wrong. So if you’re interested in flashing Roms, Kernels, and various mods proceed with the simple guide to flash the TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy S5.
COMPATIBILITYThis guide is confirmed working on the following Galaxy S5 Variants:
- Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F (International Snapdragon)
- T-Mobile Galaxy S5 G900T
- Canadian Galaxy S5 G900W8
- Australian Galaxy S5 G900I (LTE)
- Sprint Galaxy S5 G900P
- Galaxy S5 G900M (Vodafone)
They may also work on the other Galaxy S5 variants, but they were not tested. If you’re interested to give a try, you can flash the recovery and share your result with us.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S5
- First, enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
- Now download the Latest TWRP Recovery for your device here.
- Now Download the Odin tool from here and extract the zip file.
- Run the Odin_v3.10.7.exe file on your PC.
- Connect your Galaxy S5 to your PC with the data cable and reboot into the Download/Odin mode.
- To enter into download mode turn off your phone and press and hold the ‘Home + Volume Down + Power’ buttons together until you see the download mode screen.
- Once you enter into Download mode, you see anID: COM port turned blue and Added message in Odin message box means your device has recognized by Odin.
- If ID: COM doesn’t show means your driver is not correctly installed or try it with different USB cable.
- Now locate and add the twrp-3.0.0-xxx.img.tar file (you downloaded from above) to the AP/PDA tab in Odin.
- Make sure that only these two options are tick “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time“
- Now click ‘Start‘ button and it will start flashing the file. Wait until you see ‘Pass‘ in Green Color on Odin screen. This step will Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Galaxy S5.
- Now Your device will automatically reboot. That’s it. You Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S5 successfully.