For the Huawei Honor 6X, this operation can be performed by following dedicated steps, which are partially available on the Huawei official website. Anyway, below you have all the steps explained and detailed everything for being able to successfully unlock the Huawei Honor 6X bootloader.
How to Unlock the Huawei Honor 6X Bootloader
- On your computer open a web browser client and navigate towards Huawei’s official webpage.
- Use your own account and log in – you can register for free if you don’t have an account.
- Then, go to the Downloads section.
- Check the Unlock Bootloader option.
- Read the alerts and agree with all the terms and conditions.
- Fill up the form that will be displayed.
- You will have to provide the Serial Number and the IMEI of your Honor 6X – for Serial Number, on your phone tap on Settings, go to About Phone and choose Status; for IMEI go to Settings -> About Phone -> Status -> IMEI information.
- Finally, get the Product ID by: on your smartphone open the Phone Dialer and type: *#*#1357946#*#*.
- After completing the form you will be prompted with the Unlock Code – note down this code.[post_ads_2]
- Power on your Honor 6X and connect your phone with your computer with the help of the USB cable.
- On your computer go to the ADB folder and from there open a cmd window: press and hold the Shift keyboard key while right clicking on any blank space.
- In the cmd window enter: adb reboot bootloader” – you will reboot your Huawei Honor 6X into bootloader mode.
- Next, type: “fastboot oem unlock unlockcode” (replace unlockcode with the code you received before).
- Follow on screen prompts and when done remove the USB cable and reboot your device.