The unlocking process is similar to that of Motorola and Sony.Users have to inform their support team that they want to unlock the bootloader and they will guide you to do that and this is the official way.but if you don’t want this then you have to follow an unofficial way.This is safe to use.
There is an OTA update leaked on the internet which enables bootloader unlock on ZTE Axon 7. The ZTE Axon 7 ‘s leaked OTA only patches the files required to allow fastboot oem unlockcommand to unlock bootloader on the device.It is basically the same on all android device.
- Make sure there is at least 60% battery left on your smartphone before begin started this process
- Note that this method will delete all your user’s data so first, take a backup of your apps and data.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on ZTE Axon 7
- Flash the OTA zips:
- Check if your build number is 20B or 18B. If it’s 18B, then you need to sideload the 20B OTA update on your device. Get it from the download link above and adb sideload it via recovery.
- Once you’ve 20B installed on your ZTE Axon 7, sideload the bootloader unlock OTA zip to your device. Get it from the download link above.
[adb reboot bootloader]
- Once your phone is in bootloader mode, issue the following command to unlock bootloader:
[fastboot oem unlock]
- You’ll get a confirmation screen on your ZTE Axon 7. Press Volume Up button to highlight Yes and press Power button to select it. This will begin bootloader unlocking process, which shouldn’t last more than couple of minutes.
- Once bootloader is unlocked, your phone will reboot into bootloader mode. You need to boot into system now, either press Power button to reboot OR issue the following command:
- During reboot, your phone might go through a factory reset and then finally boot into system.