Unlocking the Bootloader Of any android device is the first thing to do if you want to root your device or want to install custom ROM.You can Flash modified system, boot, kernel, custom recovery(TWRP/CWM) or other .img files on your device.
Unlocking Bootloader is now a very simple process.Companies like Sony, Motorola, Huawei and other OEMs officially allow users to unlock the bootloader on their devices. You have to first get a unlock password from the manufacturer Website, then you can easily unlock the bootloader by issuing few ADB & Fastboot command.
- Make sure to install USB drivers on the PC.
- Make sure the device has more than 80 percent battery.
How To Unlock Bootloader On Huawei Devices
- First Open the Huawei Bootloader Unlock request page on your Computer then login to your account.(register if you don’t have an account)
- Agree to the terms and condition and click Next button. (read carefully)
- On the next page, provide the required information about your device and hit Submit button.
- If everything is correct, you’ll get a unique 16-digit bootloader unlock password for your device.
- Now connect your Huawei device to the PC with a USB cable.(Give it required permission)
- Boot your Huawei device into bootloader mode using the following command:
[adb reboot bootloader]
- Once your device is in bootloader mode, issue the following command to unlock bootloader:
[fastboot oem unlock your-unlock-password]
- The bootloader unlocking process will start automatically.
- Once the process is finished, your device will reboot.