LINEAGE OS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any obligation to have any Google application installed. Lineage OS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
- This new LineageOS [unofficial] v14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware has to be installed on the Moto G3 2015 model only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation
- Make sure to back all the data by installing TWRP in the smartphone.
- Make sure to install USB drivers on the PC.
- Make sure the device has more than 80 percent battery.
- If you face force close, go to Settings >> Setupwizard >> Give permission
Tutorial: Step-by-step installation guide of LineageOS [unofficial] 14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Moto G3 2015 via TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project):
Step 10: If faced with boot loop problem, navigate back to TWRP settings, and select 'Wipe cache/dalvik'. This procedure will help resolve any issue with regard to custom ROM installation