- This new LineageOS [unofficial] v14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware has to be installed on the XIAOMI REDMI 2 model only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation
- Make sure to back all the data by installing TWRP in the smartphone.
- Make sure to install USB drivers on the PC.
- Make sure the device has more than 80 percent battery.
- If you face force close, go to Settings >> Setupwizard >> Give permission
Tutorial: Step-by-step installation guide of LineageOS [unofficial] 14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat on XIAOMI REDMI 2 via TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project):
That’s it! Your XIAOMI REDMI 2 (pme) should now have Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 ROM installed on your phone! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.